This is a kit of 6 iRobot Root Robots.
iRobot Root brings code to life through art, music, maths, and hands-on activities. Its combination of over 30 features and sensors, and long-lasting battery and diverse programming platform make this an ideal educational robot. This robot draws, plays music, lights up and can even run on a magnetic whiteboard! Featuring three progressive Learning Levels, the iRobot Coding app provides a personalised coding experience designed to continually evolve with your skills. With an extensive learning library, you will never be done learning!
The Root iRobot is equipped with a wide range of programmable sensors and motors; it can drive, draw and erase pen marks, play music, has a colour and light sensor, and programmable buttons at the top. It has front bumpers and programmable LED’s and can climb a magnetic surface. It also comes with sensors to avoid it falling off an edge. The robot is rechargeable for easy charging. Included is one Root robot, 1 charging cable, 1 set of vinyl stickers, a reusable fold-out whiteboard, microfiber cloth and 2 dry-erase markers.
Sensors & Output:
32x Colour sensors
4x Capacitive touch zones
2x Front bumpers
2x Light-sensing eyes
2x Wheel encoders
1x Power button
1x 3D gyroscope
1x 3D accelerometer
1x IR cliff sensor
1x Battery level monitor
2x Drive motors
4x Large multicolour LEDs
1x Piezoelectric speaker
1x Marker lift & drop motor
1x Eraser lift & drop motor
Why iRobot Root?
- With three coding levels, Root is suitable for pre-readers to advanced coders
- Change between coding levels within one program to gradually move from one to the next
- An extensive lesson library is available
- Free online simulator for when a robot is not at hand
- Root climbs on magnetic whiteboard for in front of class demonstrations
- A wealth of programmable sensors and outputs
- Cross-curricular content