This kit includes 10 x LEGO Education SPIKE Essential (LEG45345).
LEGO Education SPIKE Essential gets primary school students excited about hands-on STEAM learning. This 449-piece set comes with 4 mini-figures with their own personalities, who act as storytellers to make problem-solving relatable to all students. Icon- and word-based block coding with simple hardware, including: 2 Small Motors, a 3×3 Colour Light Matrix, a Colour Sensor, and an intelligent Small Hub with 2 I/O ports, Bluetooth connectivity, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable Li-ion battery with micro USB charging and connection port.
The set also includes a colourful selection of LEGO bricks, replacement elements, and a durable storage box with color-coded sorting trays to ease the building process and classroom management. Part of the LEGO Learning System, SPIKE Essential offers 5 units of 8 x 45-minute, standards-aligned STEAM lessons. Each lesson includes comprehensive online lesson plans with maths and language arts extensions. To further build teachers’ confidence and prepare them for successful STEAM teaching using the LEGO Learning System, SPIKE Essential is supported by a comprehensive professional development program.
- Develop computational thinking skills, including creating and modifying sequences, testing, debugging, and using loops
- Explore the engineering design process, including defining a problem, brainstorming solutions, and testing and refining prototypes
- Investigate the scientific concepts of energy, energy transfer, and collision
- Strengthen oral communication skills as students discuss their experiences collaboratively
- Engage in narrative-based problem-solving
- Develop social-emotional language by helping a main story character solve a problem