- Best for: USB-C or USB-A Laptops and Ultrabooks and Monitors that support up to 4K
- Connection technology: USB-C or USB-A (DisplayLink)
- Power delivery: Yes, supports USB-C PD 3.0 (100W of laptop charging)
- Compatibility: Windows 7 or above, macOS 10.14 or above, Chrome OS 44 or above
- No of monitors supported: 2
- Video ports: 2 x HDMI v2.0 and 2 x DisplayPort 1.2++
- Maximum resolution supported: Single or Dual Monitors: 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- Plug & play: Plug & play installation, though installation of Kensington DockWorks™ software is recommended for the best connection, performance and security from your Kensington universal docking station
- System requirements: DisplayLink driver installation required
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Apple M1 – Our Hybrid USB-C DisplayLink docking stations are a great alternative if you are looking for multi-monitor support on your M1 MacBook.
Dual 4K video output (HDMI 2.0 and DP++ 1.2 @ 60Hz)
Delivers Ultra High Definition (4096 x 2160) images. Four video ports allow users the ability to select between HDMI 2.0 and DP++ 1.2 without the need for cumbersome adapters.
Universal hybrid docking
The SD4780P connects to any USB-C or USB-A laptop, is Thunderbolt 3 compatible and supports Windows, Mac and Chrome operating systems.
100W power delivery
Ideal for devices that require higher power, such as the newer MacBook Pro. For USB-A laptops requiring power delivery, see our optional 60W Power Splitter (K38310).
Six USB ports (USB-C and USB-A)
Two-layer hub delivers speeds of up to 10Gbps. Front: 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen2 up to 5V/3A and 1x USB-A 3.2 Gen2 up to 5V/2.4A; Back: 4x USB-A 3.2 Gen1 up to 5V/0.9A
Free Kensington DockWorks™ software
Enables the best connection, performance and security from your Kensington dock.
Rest assured knowing you’re covered by Kensington.
Zero footprint mounting option
Adjustable clamp easily attaches to a desktop edge, cubicle wall, monitor arm, or other surface for maximum mounting flexibility (K34050, sold separately).
- Windows 7 or above,
- Chrome OS 44 or above,
- macOS 10.14 or above
|Connection technology||USB-C or USB-A (DisplayLink)|
|Number of Screen Outputs||2|
|Video ports||DisplayPort++, HDMI|
|Operating system(s)||Chrome OS, macOS, Windows|
|Number of USB ports||6|
|USB fast charging||Yes|
|Docking station family||The Task Master|
|Best For||USB-C or USB-A Laptops & Ultrabooks and Monitors that support up to 4K|
|USB-A ports||5x: (1) USB-A 3.2 Gen2 (front) with 5V/2.4A fast-charging & (4) USB-A 3.2 Gen1 (back) supporting 5V/0.9A|
|USB-C ports||1x USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (front) with 5V/3A|
|Audio||1 x 3.5mm Combo Microphone & Headphone Port (front)|
|Data transfer speeds||Supports up to 10Gbps data transfer speed|
|Ethernet Speed (Mbps)||1000, 100, 10|
|Maximum resolution supported||Single or Dual Monitors: 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz|
|Period of Warranty||3 years|
|Plug & play||DisplayLink driver installation required|
|Security slot compatibility||Kensington Security Slot, Kensington Nano Security Slot|
|System requirements||USB-C host device must support Power Delivery. Power Delivery is not supported on USB-A host devices without the use of the optional 60W power splitter (K38310)|
|USB-C Power Delivery||Supports USB-C PD 3.0 (100W of laptop charging)|
|Video output||2 x HDMI v2.0, 2 x DisplayPort 1.2++|