Please note: we are experiencing delivery delays for the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Expansion Set V2 (LEG45681). This item won’t be in stock until July 2022.
This kit includes: 2x SPIKE Prime sets (LEG45678), 2x SPIKE Colour Light Matrix (LEG45608), 2x SPIKE Prime Expansion Set (LEG45681). * LEGO Education SPIKE Prime is the STEAM learning tool for students in grades 5-8, with a focus on developing skills in creativity, collaboration and critical thinking. Combining new and familiar building elements in a refreshing new colour scheme, easy-to-use hardware, and intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and to solve complex problems – regardless of their learning level.
LEGO Education SPIKE Prime offers four units, each with a specific theme focus. All units are designed to develop critical thinking skills through complex, engaging and personally relevant STEAM challenges. The lessons within each unit will become increasingly challenging and all include teacher support, introduction videos, curriculum links, extension exercises and more. The SPIKE App, based on the most widely used programming language in teaching – Scratch – can be used on both iOS and Android tablets, and Windows 10.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 Large motor and 2 medium motors
- Distance sensor, force sensor and colour sensors
- Programmable hub, featuring a 5×5 LED matrix, 6 input/output ports, integrated 6-axis gyro sensor, speaker, Bluetooth connectivity and rechargeable battery (charged via USB cable, included in the set)
- Sturdy storage box with 2 sorting tray, over 500 LEGO Technic and System elements in a fresh colour palette* The SPIKE Colour Light Matrix is a programmable light matrix with the capability to turn on each segment separately and in different colours. Wire length: 250mm.
- 3X3 RGB LED matrix display
- 9 RGB LEDs
- Each LED is programmable in 10 different colours
- Each LED can be dimmed in 10-step increments
- The transitions between 2 frames can be instant (standard), faded, or swiped
- The Light Matrix has a Technic build geometry that allows for versatile building and easy integration into models* Inspire students to explore more advanced creations and continue to nurture their interest in STEAM learning with the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Expansion Set V2. With over 600 LEGO elements, it also combines with the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set (LEG45678) and free SPIKE App to launch students and teachers into the exciting world of robotics competitions.
LEGO Technic and System elements in a fresh colour palette, including 2 large wheels, gear racks, a Maker Plate for SBCs, Large Motor and Colour Sensor.
The Maker Plate makes integrating your choice of single board computing devices fast and simple.
Combines with the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Set (LEG45678) and free SPIKE App to give over 10 hours of curriculum-based, competition-ready learning.
Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support. *RoboCup Junior is a project-oriented educational initiative that sponsors local, regional, and international robotic events for young students. It is designed to introduce RoboCup to primary and secondary school children. Created in a true cooperative spirit, RoboCup Junior encompasses not only vital STEM skills, but extends right across a school curriculum. The competition also addresses social development by encouraging sportsmanship, sharing, teamwork, understanding of differences between individuals and nations, cooperation and organisational skills.
Robocup Junior OnStage is an integration of Science, Technology and the Arts (STEAM).
OnStage challenges teams of students to design, build, and program robots to perform. This performance can be in the form of a dance in time with the beat of the music, or a theatrical presentation. Teams are scored on their performance and their technical interview (including the technical description paper).
Competitors are encouraged to be creative as their imaginations will allow them with the main emphasis being on a team effort to design, build, program, create, and perform. Many beginner students choose to use LEGO Mindstorms kits to build and program their robots due to their ease of use. A whole variety of motors and sensors can be attached to enhance the performance.
To create a 1-2 minute performance showcasing costumed or themed robots to a piece of music
*The stage is a 2x2m marked square with a 50mm black tape boundary
*Marks will be deducted when a robot completely leave the performance area
*Performance must be longer than 1 minute and less than 2 minutes with a maximum of 6 minutes on stage
*Robots can be build and programmed using any platform
*Non-kit designs with costumes are rewarded. *For more information, please visit: www.robocupjunior.org.au.