Connect Raspberry Pi computing power with LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors! The Raspberry Pi Build HAT fits any Raspberry Pi with a 40-pin GPIO header and lets you control up to four LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors from the LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Portfolio, a flexible system with unlimited possibilities. Build robust, intelligent machines that combine Raspberry Pi computing power with LEGO components.
- Controls up to four LEGO® Technic™ motors and sensors included in the SPIKE™ Portfolio
- Fits onto any Raspberry Pi computer with a 40-pin GPIO header
- Easy-to-use Python library to control your LEGO® Technic™ devices
- Onboard Raspberry Pi RP2040 microcontroller manages low-level control of
LEGO® Technic™ devices
- DC power connector: 2.1mm barrel jack, centre positive
- Requires an external 8V ±10% DC power source – like the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power
Supply, or a 7.5V battery pack – to power the Build HAT, Raspberry Pi computer (except
Raspberry Pi 400), and connected LEGO® Technic™ devices
The LEGO Education SPIKE Portfolio features a wide variety of sensors and motors that you can control with the Build HAT Python library on your Raspberry Pi. Explore the world around you with sensors to detect distance, force, and colour, and choose from a variety of motor sizes to suit any build.
With the Raspberry Pi Build HAT Power Supply, available separately, the Build HAT can power your Raspberry Pi (except Raspberry Pi 400) and all connected devices.
Build with Raspberry Pi and the LEGO® bricks you love. The new, specially designed LEGO Maker Plate (included in the LEGO Education SPIKE Prime Expansion Set V2 – LEG45681) is the first LEGO element ever designed to connect to something that isn’t another piece of LEGO. It allows you to attach your Raspberry Pi to your LEGO creations.
Easily integrate LEGO Education SPIKE Prime with Raspberry Pi computers. Supported by guided projects from the Raspberry Pi Foundation designed for secondary school students, the Raspberry Pi Build HAT delivers a unique hands-on learning experience that’s accessible, engaging, and confidence-building for all students.